The Agricultural and Food Policy Center (AFPC) ( http://www.afpc.tamu.edu) conducts analyses of the impacts of government policy proposals and/or implementation procedures on farmers, agribusiness’s, taxpayers, and consumers. Its primary constituency is the U.S. Congress, particularly the Agriculture Committees. The AFPC also conducts research and/or educational programs for government agencies, farm and agribusiness organizations, and agricultural leadership throughout Texas and the nation. Specific AFPC objectives include:
- Respond to legislative requests for analyses of agricultural and food policy options.
- Identify and define emerging agricultural, resource and food policy issues.
- Identify and clarify agricultural and food policy options.
- Analyze the impacts of changes in macroeconomic policy on agriculture.
- Develop educational programs and publications to explain the results of AFPC research and improve understanding of policy options and their consequences.
- Provide leadership in developing new scientific methods for analyzing public policy issues.
Pingback: Texas A&M Study Looks at Impact of Tax Law Changes | Red River Farm Network