Pipeline Easement Negotiation Checklist and Podcast

If you’ve ever gotten notice that a pipeline company is planning on coming across your property and you found yourself facing the task of negotiating an easement, you know how intimidating that can be.  The most important thing to keep in mind is that you, as a landowner, do have rights!  You can and should take time to really negotiate with the company to ensure you are receiving adequate compensation and have included terms in the agreement to protect your property.

In the last couple of months, I’ve had numerous requests for copies of the Pipeline Easement Negotiation Checklist I published back in 2014.  In case any of you are also in need of this document, I wanted to re-post it again.  Please feel free to share with any other landowners for whom it might be useful.  You can access the document here.

Additionally, I recently recorded a podcast with my friend and Austin-based attorney Luke Ellis discussing this very topic.  You can listen for free on your phone’s podcast app, or on your computer by clicking this link.